To choose material for flooring can be daunting. Availability of various options can confuse you. Many Edmonton landscaping professional can assist you in choosing flooring material according to the location and architecture of your house. Now a days flooring materials are more varied and client has to choose according to his life style and budget.
Several home construction professional offer adroit services to the clients. Flooring bring out fresh and refined look to your house. Material always should be choose according to the place and use of that place where you want to renovate your flooring. For instance in bathrooms you cant choose wooden flooring.
Pros and Cons of different Material
Lino is a synthetic material which is cut down according to the measurement of the room. It is sold by per square metre from the large roll.
- Water Resistant
- Not expensive
- Good option for kitchens and bathrooms.
- It gives artificial look
- If it gets damage, you can fix it only by replacing the whole flooring.
- You can’t remove it easily.
It devalues the property so, it is not an ideal choice if you have a plan to sell the home in future.
Laminate is a synthetic material which is not very expensive. This material is basically manufactured and design to imitate wood too. It is solid in tile or plank form.
- It is Easy to clean
- It is Water resistant
- It is Inexpensive
- It is available in variety of designs
- If it gets damaged it can simply be removed and replaced slat by slat where the surface gets damaged.
- For extreme moisture area such as bathrooms or laundries, it is not an ideal option.
It is layered material flooring that is cross-grained. As it is cross-grained it has tendency to act against its natural tendencies to expand and shrink as thetemperature changes. It is an ideal alternative to solid wood where the areas are moist and humid.
- It is an effective alternative of solid timber.
- It do not get scratched as other materials.
- It is an Ideal option in damp areas.
- It is thinner as compared to solid wood and also doesn’t have the thermal advantages of timber.
It is a material which has a mosaic style designs in smaller pieces of solid timber. It is natural and also renewable material.
- Durable if properly sealed
- Easy to clean
- It is sound proof
- Not a good option for kitchens, bathrooms or humid climates
- Expensive maintenance
While choosing for flooring material take into account the location where you are planning for flooring and area according to its climate. For instance in damp climate areas bamboo is a good option as compared to solid timbre. So, consult experts regarding flooring issues.
Chateau Homes Construction offers construction and renovation services at highly competitive rates. We deliver comprehensive range of flooring materials in various designs.